Re: To follow responders -- building an FAQ

From: Frank Hubeny <fhubeny_at_ntsource.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 00:19:32 -0800

I suppose you are welcome to post whatever you like, whether it is an FAQ, a question or some attempt at a response. No one is required to read it.

Personnally, I have no objection to inexperienced people posting to this newsgroup. Even if the question has supposedly been "answered" many times before.

However, I have read my share of rude responses to simple questions. So one of the first things I would like to see in an FAQ is a set of guidelines for those intending to respond to a question on how to courteously and professionally do so.

I am not at all interested in a continuation of that old academic mentality of "read the FAQ before you post".

Frank Hubeny