Re: import trouble

From: <post_at_news.to>
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2001 01:09:14 +1100

IMP first tries to create the table in question and if CREATE fails because
the table exists, it can then ignore that error and proceed, but if the CREATE fails for any other reason it just skips it with an error.

The way I would choose in a similar case would be to open the .DMP in a HEX editor
(or an editor that preserves binary chars it cannot recognise) and change the INITIAL
there manually, then IMP as usual (with or without the table)... = Alex.