Re: Oracle binaries in a VCS environment

From: NetComrade <andreyNSPAM_at_bookexchange.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 22:56:19 GMT

doesn't really matter.
I installed the software on the disk array which would be taken over by the vcs during failover.
what's 'shared media'?

On Fri, 05 Jan 2001 05:43:49 GMT, Derrick Ghrael <dghrael_at_mailbox.bellatlantic.net> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I am setting up an oracle databse which will run in a Veritas cluster
>server environment. The VCS will consist of two servers: a primary and
>a standby.
>Obviously, the database itself will be created on shared media, but
>where should
>the oracle binaries be installed. Should it be installed locally on
>each server? Or should it be installed once on the shared media? What
>are the benefits/drawbacks of each.

In case I forgot to mention:
We use Oracle 7.3.4 and 8.1.6 on Solaris 2.6, 2.7 boxes
Andrey Dmitriev	 eFax: (978) 383-5892  Daytime: (917) 750-3630
AOL: NetComrade	 ICQ: 11340726 remove NSPAM to email