Re: Backups via RMAN or Shell Script

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr_at_www.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 19:16:09 +1100

I'm slightly gob-smacked if there is still a catrman script in 8.1.5, and I can only think they put it there for compatibility reasons.... 'cause in the training materials, there's no reference to it all, and it is in fact utterly redundant, even in 8.1.5. I'm doing RMAN tomorrow, actually -and there'll be no use of any catrman script. And we are still training on 8.1.5.

He could have phrased his response rather more politely, but John is basically correct that use of the script in any version of 8i is unnecessary.

Regards
HJR "David Fitzjarrell" <oratune_at_aol.com> wrote in message news:944qv8$cp5$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com...
> In our last gripping episode "John Jones" <john.jones_at_duke.edu> wrote:
> > Know what you are talking about before you answer.
> >
> > There is no Catrman script for 8.1.6. Basically you connect to your
 source
> > and to your target and then you "register" your database. The stored
 procs
> > are already there
> >
> > --
> > John Jones
> > Senior Oracle DBA
> > Duke University, OIT
> > john.jones_at_duke.edu
> > David Fitzjarrell <oratune_at_aol.com> wrote in message
 you
 can tell