database link

From: <henry00_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 19:00:27 GMT

I create a data base link like:

create database link remote_connect
connect to user identified by mypassword using 'instance.mycompany.com';

I had a table named test in the remote database instance.mycompany.com. When I tried to use select query on test table, I got the error message: ERROR:
ORA-02085: database link REMOTE_CONNECT.MYCOMPANY.COM connects to INSTANCE.MYCOMPANY.COM What go wrong here?

Thanks

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/ Received on Wed Jan 17 2001 - 13:00:27 CST