Re: How to install 8.1.5 without Graphical Monitor

From: Jean-Claude Matarazzo <jcmata_at_free.fr>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 22:29:06 GMT

Hello,

Oracle 8.1.X on AIX does NOT support Character Mode Installation.

Many of the products / assistants, Universal Installer of Oracle have been writen in Java,
graphical interface !

The unversal installer of Oracle could be run in silent mode with a script of
configuration, but i don't have an example of script, and i'm not sure it will work
with no graphical interface ??

Regards