Problems installing iFS 1.1 on 8.1.7 (NT 4)

From: Klaus Zeuch <KZeuch_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2001 22:36:15 +0100

I wanted to install 8.1.7, Oracle Apache Http-Server and iFS 1.1 (SMB protocol only) on a NT4 SP6 system (Notebook with 192 MB RAM only - I know this is miles away from the recommendation, but it's only for a 10 minutes demonstration and I can't get my hands on a notebook with more RAM at the moment).

I installed 8.1.7 EE with http-Server and starter database - worked. Then I wanted to install iFS in the same oracle_home (path has been set to <oracle_home>\bin of 8.1.7 before - which is my default oracle_home - and the system was rebooted), but I'm always receiving the error "...iFS requires 8.1.7 Server/Client and the http server..." - they are both running during install! I checked Oracle metalink for that error message but found no information for this install issue.

Did I miss something in the installation or is it a matter of memory shortage (with 8.1.7 and Oracle http up and running the system consumes 150 MB memory - I think I reduced the Oracle SGA to a minimum and don't want to reduce it furthermore)?

Klaus Received on Sun Jan 14 2001 - 15:36:15 CST