Oracle Internet file system (portal integration)

From: Alexander Fuchs <A.Fuchs01_at_t-online.de>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 00:08:52 +0100

Hello,

I am about to assess the possibility of integrating the oracle 8.1.7 add-on "oracle internet file system"
into our corporate portal.
The oracle internet file system is meant to add content management functionality to our web site.

In this context, I'd like to ask you two questions:

  1. according to the doc it is possible to use Apache as the web server for the oracle internet file system - has anybody given it a try ? Does SSL work ?
  2. When a user logs on to the domain, he will be asked his username and password (for the NT domain). Is there any way to do without a second log-in to access the oracle internet file system (provided of course that the username and passwords for the NT domain and the oracle internet file system are identical) ?

Thanks very much in advance for your kind replies,

regards,

Alexander Fuchs Received on Sun Jan 14 2001 - 17:08:52 CST