Re: import trouble

From: David Fitzjarrell <oratune_at_aol.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 15:05:27 GMT

In our last gripping episode "Boris Izotov" <ibw_at_imail.dc.ukrtel.net> wrote:
> Hi All
>
> I have got trouble with import - ora-02218 invalid INITIAL storage
 option
> value.
> The first idea came to me was create tables manually, but anyway
 import gets
> the same error and skip all data for this tables. I tried use full
 database
> import and specified tables.
>
> Storage parameters for these tables -
> .... STORAGE(INITIAL 2147483648 NEXT 209715200 MINEXTENTS 1 MAXEXTENTS
> 2147483645 PCTINCREASE 0 FREELISTS 1 FREELIST GROUPS 1)
>
> Manually I created with smallest initial extent, but import fails in
 any
> case.
>
> Server - Oracle 7.3.4.4.0, Windows NT 4.0 Server EE
> Client - Oracle 7.3.4.4 | 7.3.4.5 Windows NT Server 4.0
>
> What should I do for import finish successfully?
>
> Boris

Since you've created the tables prior to importing the data, and you claim that import still fails, I can only presume that you are not specifying ignore=y as a command-line option or choosing to ignore create errors whilst in interactive mode.

I have yet to have import fail to populate an existing table, although I have experienced situations where data could not be inserted into a table due to primary key constraint violations. These, however, will not cause the import to fail. The import will simply complete with errors.

Please inform us as to the nature of the failure. Knowing this information proper and appropriate assistance can be made available to you.

--
David Fitzjarrell
Oracle Certified DBA

Sent via Deja.com