Re: constant monitoring and enqueues?

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 16:53:50 -0000

Andrew,

Event 10704 is supposed to print information about enqueues being acquired, levels are 1 - 10. But this might be a little painful on performance. I haven't tried it.

The P1RAW etc. meanings for each event type can be checked in v$event_name. For 'enqueue' I think only P1/P1RAW is the enqueue type and mode - use the RAW form, and the first 4 bytes are the ascii code for the type, the last byte is the mode, e.g.

    53540004
Is an ST lock in mode 4.
p2 and p3 are the id1, and id2 values.

I too have the project of direct access to the SGA as a 'some-time/never' project - just for fun !

Thanks for the comment on the website.

--
Jonathan Lewis

Practical Oracle 8i:  Building Efficient Databases

Publishers:  Addison-Wesley
See a first review at:
http://www.ixora.com.au/resources/index.htm#practical_8i
More reviews at: http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk/book_rev.html

<979300431.8122.0.nnrp-07.c30bdde2_at_news.demon.co.uk>...