Re: HELP! 8i performance Weirdness

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2001 19:18:58 -0000

can you get any connection (e.g. running sqlplus on the servers) whilst this happens, and run:

select * from v$session_wait;

to see if that gives you any clues - look first for STATE = 'WAITING' and see what the
EVENT is.

--
Jonathan Lewis

Practical Oracle 8i:  Building Efficient Databases

Publishers:  Addison-Wesley
See a first review at:
http://www.ixora.com.au/resources/index.htm#practical_8i
More reviews at: http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk/book_rev.html