Checkpointing

From: Buck Turgidson <jc_va_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 07 Jan 2001 17:14:01 GMT

This extract is from a thread a couple days ago regarding "Mysterious Disk Activity"...

Is this true? I thought a checkpoint will occur at every log switch, and it is the redo buffer that is written to the redo logs every 3 seconds. Once the redo logs fill and are switched, then a checkpoint occurs. Is my understanding incorrect or incomplete?