query two instances on different machines

From: Lane Mabbett <lane.mabbett_at_fmr.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2001 12:42:37 -0500

Greetings. How is it possible (if at all) to execute a query on two instances located on separate servers? I'm told it can be done but am at a loss. I have two databases that should contain the exact same information. However, one database has more records than the other. I need to write a select statement that will show what records exist in one database that do not exist in the other. Thanks in advance. Received on Tue Jan 02 2001 - 11:42:37 CST