Re: Suggestion on moving large amount of data from two databases

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr_at_www.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2001 07:43:47 +1100

Version?

If 8i and above, transportable tablespaces may save your bacon: it's simply an export of the metadata for a tablespace (hence very small and very quick), and you simply copy the appropriate datafile(s) from A to B and then run import using the metadata dump file. Get's 10Gb of data across to database B in the time it takes you to do an O/S copy of the relevant dbf's.

Regards