microsoft odbc drivers for Oracle and LAN based Oracle client

From: James Williams <willjamu_at_mindspring.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2001 00:15:56 GMT

We have an application that requires access to an Oracle client. We install the client on the LAN and then update the registery on the desktop to point to the Oracle binaries. This works for apps that don't require ODBC.

I trying to use the LAN based Oracle client the ODBC driver cannot connect to the database as it states it cannot find Oracle. Of course, when the client is installed locally on the individual machine it works fine.

Anyone know about hard hooks the the msoft ODBC drivers for Oracle that point to the local machine? Received on Thu Jan 04 2001 - 18:15:56 CST