Re: data load into partition table

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2001 22:11:50 -0000

One standard approach if you have the data for a single partition at a time is to create a spare table - load the table, index the table, then exchange the table with the partition (there are notes on my web-site).

Check the SQL ref manual for:

    Alter table XXX exchange partition ppp with table TTT     including indexes
    without validation

--
Jonathan Lewis

Practical Oracle 8i:  Building Efficient Databases

Publishers:  Addison-Wesley
See a first review at:
http://www.ixora.com.au/resources/index.htm#practical_8i
More reviews at: http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk/book_rev.html