data load into partition table

From: <bsonia_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Jan 2001 21:52:33 GMT

Hello,

I have a 2 Billion row table that is divided into 104 partitions. This table has 2 local indexes. I would like to load data into a partition as fast as possible using sql-loader. I can load the data fast after dropping the indexes on the entire table, but, the indexes take roughly 24 hours to re-create which is too long. I also tried to alter the index partition to make it unusable but this would cause an error before the load finished.

Is there a way I can avoid the index overhead during a partition load and then rebuild it after the load is complete?

Thanks,

Bill Sonia
Achaia Solutions, Inc

Sent via Deja.com