Re: Becoming an Oracle DBA?

From: brlarue <rstrouss4_at_home.net>
Date: Tue, 02 Jan 2001 06:00:33 GMT

Since you mentioned that you have never worked in the IT field I would suggest you get a job in in the field before you spend too much time on books and certification classes. A general computer programmer/analyst 2 year certification program from you local junior college would be a good start. Another quick start into IT is thru a local Technical School. They usually have 6-9 month programs that lead to an entry level position.

Good Luck