Re: dealing with time across national boundaries

From: Van Messner <vmessner_at_bestweb.net>
Date: Tue, 02 Jan 2001 02:05:05 GMT

    While the server can always find GMT, how do you know what offset to apply for, say, Singapore at any particular day and time. How do you keep track of the offsets from GMT for every place on every day given the mess with daylight savings and local control of time?

    For example, I was told that SAP actually suggests shutting down your server when moving off daylight savings time!

Van

"Noodles" <noodles_at_aol.com> wrote in message news:20001231203652.27562.00000146_at_ng-me1.aol.com...
> One solution we've had success with is to have local timestamps from
 Oracle and