Re: Moving Oracle Clob Data to SQLServer Database

From: <utefan001_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2000 20:16:01 GMT

All you need to do is use the MSSQL 7.0 Data Import Utility. I have had a lot of success going from sybase, oracle, etc to SQL 7.0 using this utility and large blob tables (so clobs should work fine). To Connect to oracle just install the oracle client on the NT box and set up odbc or use oracle's easy config. Once you can successfully connect to Oracle from the NT box, run the sql 7 Data Import Utility, the wizard is very simple to use.

In article <3a4a4742.525770908_at_news.interpath.net>,   ghubert_at_skillspoint.com (Gene Hubert) wrote:
> I'm looking for a way to move data from an Oracle clob column to a
> SQLServer text column. This would be part of an automated procudure.
> I can easily generate text files from clob columns in my Oracle db but
> am not aware of any way to import this into a SQLServer db.
>
> I'm running Oracle 8.0.5 on Linux and SQLServer 7.x on NT4.
>
> Thanks for any assistance.
>
> Gene Hubert
> www.courseleader.com

Sent via Deja.com