Re: Reg TNS error - ora 12638

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2000 21:40:30 +0100

First of all
Usenet is a volunteer business
You can't expect anyone in this group to answer 'immediate' If you require 'immediate' assistance either call support, or look in the Oracle Server Messages first before you start posting. From that manual (if you didn't install it, it is online at http://technet.oracle.com ) ORA-12638 Credential retrieval failed
Cause: The authentication service failed to retrieve the credentials of a user.

Action: Enable tracing to determine the exact error.

You can enable tracing by adding /changing the following lines in sqlnet.ora

trace_level_client = support
trace_unique_client = true
trace_directory_client = <any directory, preferably
%ORACLE_HOME%\network\trace)

Regards,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA