kill session questions

From: Verna Legaspi <vlegaspi_at_uswest.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2000 18:02:06 -0800

Hello -

There seemed to be a procedure gone awry and I had to do a ALTER SYSTEM KILL SESSON 'sid, serial#'

on 2 sessions. They were both ACTIVE when I tried to kill them. However, it's been at least 3 hours, now - and they're both still simply flagged as "to be killed."

Is this not uncommon? Is there any other way for me to force it to be killed completely? Also - am I correct in assuming none of their resources or locks/blocks have been released, yet? ... at least not until they finally fall of the v$session view?

TIA,
Verna Received on Fri Dec 22 2000 - 20:02:06 CST