Re: kill session questions

From: Mediagrif <ivirmig_at_videotron.ca>
Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2000 17:16:35 -0500

Hello, Verna,

Query the v$process view spid column (operating system process id) where pid = v$session.sid and try to find the processes from the OS. Make sure the sessions are not vital to your database and if so kill them from the OS. The effect will be a wild disconnect like some users do by shutting down their PC in a middle of a transaction. In case you'rent, sure just keep waiting: you're better loosing some limted resources than the whole database.

Regards,