Re: smux failure

From: Joe Maloney <jrpm_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2000 14:38:35 GMT

My first reaction is that you have configured LISTENER.ORA for the wrong network protocol. It's easy to do, such as put an IP address in the IPX address, when you configure tnsnames.ora and/or listener.ora by hand.

An older, second thought, related to the 'smux' part of the traffic, is that there used to be compatibility problem between Oracle and some third party SNMP agents that showed up as smux errors.

I favor the wrong configuration, possibly in both the TNSNAMES.ORA and LISTENER.ORA files at this point.

--
Joseph R.P. Maloney, CCP,CSP,CDP
MPiR, Inc.

Sent via Deja.com