Pro*C, Dynamic SQL Method 4 and Host Arrays

From: Jason Botwick <jbotwick_at_nc.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2000 02:28:15 GMT

I have an application written in Pro*C that uses Dynamic SQL Method 4 with host arrays. Under Oracle 7.3.x, it worked. But under Oracle 8.x, it doesn't work. When a statement using host arrays, built using Method 4 is run, it bombs out with ORA-01084, which is "invalid argument in OCI call". This error didn't even exist in Oracle 7.x.

So my question is, has anyone run into this problem? If so, what did you do about it? I'm having a hard time debugging this, because no Oracle docs I can find are very specific about how to use host arrays with Method 4. So I'm stumped about how to figure out what the valid values are for all these OCI calls, if I can even figure out which one is bombing out.

The sample programs with our release or Oracle work, but again, they don't use host arrays and M4.

Does anyone know where I can get a relatively simple example in Pro*C that does use both, compile and runs? Received on Thu Dec 21 2000 - 20:28:15 CST