Replication and Data Convergence Question

From: <mikea730_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2000 20:30:20 GMT

I've got Master Sites set up in a Multi-Master replication environment. I've implemented "Update Conflict Resolution" using the pre-built conflict resolution "Latest Timestamp". It seems to be working great!! My question is that I'm still not sure I have "Guaranteed Data Convergence" when only using the "Latest Timestamp method". Should I add a second conflict resolution method. If I added a second method of "Site Priority", would I then have "Guaranteed Data Convergence"?? The reason I ask this is, what would happen if I used the "Site Priority" as my backup secondary method, and two transactions came in from the "same" site with the "same" Timestamp. Seems like that would still be a conflict, even with "Site Priority" as a backup method.

Thanks in advance for any advice!!!!!

Thanks,
Mike Adams

Sent via Deja.com