Re: UTL_FILE

From: Clark Mason <wc_mason_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2000 19:18:13 GMT

Since the "value" of the utl_file_dir is null you don't have the parameter set in your init.ora file. Create a directory that oracle can write to and point the utl_file_dir parameter to it in the init.ora file. utl_file_dir=/some/dir
In article <3A424E1E.B9AEC67B_at_Unforgetable.com>,   Walter T Rejuney <BlueSax_at_Unforgetable.com> wrote:
> nicola_at_my-deja.com wrote:
>
> > This is the state of my utl_file_dir:

 NUM     "NAME"       "TYPE"     "VALUE"  "ISDEFAULT  "ISSES_MODIFIABLE"

> > 390 utl_file_dir 2 <null} TRUE FALSE
> >

> "ISSYS_MODIFIABLE" "ISMODIFIED" "ISADJUSTED" "DESCRIPTION"
> >
> > FALSE FALSE FALSE utl_file accessible
> > directories list
> >
> > Do I have to modify the installation parameters to insert new
> > accessible directories or an update could work?
> >
> > In article <3A422D53.3E3CFEEC_at_Unforgetable.com>,
> > Walter T Rejuney <BlueSax_at_Unforgetable.com> wrote:
> > > utl_file_dir must be specified in init.ora. If it isn't, then
 there
 are
> > > no directories which are available for utl_file to work with.
> > >
> > > If you want to check for utl_file_dir programatically, do a query
 against
> > > V$PARAMETER.
> > >

> yes.

Sent via Deja.com