Re: UTL_FILE

From: <nicola_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2000 16:58:48 GMT

This is the state of my utl_file_dir:

NUM	"NAME"	     "TYPE"	"VALUE"	 "ISDEFAULT  "ISSES_MODIFIABLE"
390	utl_file_dir	2	<null}	  TRUE	      FALSE

"ISSYS_MODIFIABLE"	"ISMODIFIED"	"ISADJUSTED"	"DESCRIPTION"

FALSE	                 FALSE	 FALSE	      utl_file accessible
directories list

Do I have to modify the installation parameters to insert new accessible directories or an update could work?

In article <3A422D53.3E3CFEEC_at_Unforgetable.com>,   Walter T Rejuney <BlueSax_at_Unforgetable.com> wrote:
> utl_file_dir must be specified in init.ora. If it isn't, then there
 are
> no directories which are available for utl_file to work with.
>
> If you want to check for utl_file_dir programatically, do a query
 against
> V$PARAMETER.

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/ Received on Thu Dec 21 2000 - 10:58:48 CST