Re: Scalable Performace - Inserts/Updates

From: Nuno Souto <nsouto_at_nsw.bigpond.net.au.nospam>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 08:52:58 GMT

On Tue, 19 Dec 2000 18:57:09 GMT, Allan Plesniarski <aplesnia_at_my-deja.com> wrote:

>Software mirroring of redo log groups, ie. more than one member per
>group, protects against one of the redo log members becoming corrupted
>during the log buffer write.

Really? How?

>If hardware mirroring is used with only one redo log member per group,
>the hardware will simply mirror the corruption. Whereas with software
>mirroring, one member may become corrupted while the other remains
>useable.

How can it become corrupt? If ORACLE corrupts it, then it's corrupt on both groups. If the hardware corrupts it, then group or no group what tells you that the hardware won't corrupt both groups?

Cheers
Nuno Souto
nsouto_at_bigpond.net.au.nospam
http://www.users.bigpond.net.au/the_Den/index.html Received on Wed Dec 20 2000 - 02:52:58 CST