Re: Scalable Performace - Inserts/Updates

From: Allan Plesniarski <aplesnia_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2000 18:57:09 GMT

Software mirroring of redo log groups, ie. more than one member per group, protects against one of the redo log members becoming corrupted during the log buffer write.

If hardware mirroring is used with only one redo log member per group, the hardware will simply mirror the corruption. Whereas with software mirroring, one member may become corrupted while the other remains useable.

Allan

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/ Received on Tue Dec 19 2000 - 12:57:09 CST