8i Tablespace removal if someone has deleted the .dbf instead of dropping the tablespace

From: <eric_dewerth_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2000 20:25:14 GMT

I have an 8i dB with several Tablespaces the were deleted by rm the .dbf instead of removing the tablespace. It is causing the Instance not to OPEN...It will MOUNT but not OPEN. How do I get Oracle to recognize that the tablespace is gone? How do I remove the tablespace since there is no .dbf associated with it?

Thanks,
Eric

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/ Received on Wed Dec 13 2000 - 14:25:14 CST