Re: Stack Trace

From: <steveee_ca_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 13:43:00 GMT

Hi Bill,

A couple of ways..one, if you have Procedure Builder, you can step through your code and then open up the Error Stack.. I've got a generic script I sometimes use that inserts errors into some 'error table' that I create for that purpose..it uses calls to DBMS_UTILITY. There are functions in that package like

DBMS_UTILITY.FORMAT_ERROR_STACK and DBMS_UTILITY.FORMAT_CALL_STACK that you can read into variables and insert into your 'error table'.

Hopefully this gets at what you're looking for.

Steve

In article <913idd$157$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   wdr1_at_pobox.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was wondering if it's possible in PL/SQL to get a stack trace when
 an
> exception happens? It would be might useful in tracking down bugs.
>
> Thanks,
> -Bill
>
> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Dec 12 2000 - 07:43:00 CST