Replication advice needed

From: <ed.stevens_at_home.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2000 15:32:17 GMT

Replication advice needed

We are starting to look at using replication on some new applications, and I need some advise to help me reduce the amount of information I need to read and digest.

The application will be running on multiple remote sites with their own local database. We want activity at these sites to be replicated to a database at the data center. The data center database would be used to service administrative queries (read-only) and as a possible failover for the remote sites.

In my initial reading, I see that some features are available only for Enterprise Edition, but I am a bit confused in reconciling these limitations to some of the other discussions both in the docs and in online  forums. Due to budget considerations we will be limited to Oracle 8.1.6 Standard Edition. The host servers will be running NT. Given those limitations, what are my options, what can I bypass in my readings, and what are the recommendations of the best configuration?

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Dec 11 2000 - 09:32:17 CST