Re: oracle db creation error

From: <dwehlman_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2000 10:37:58 GMT

%,

i prefer to create an init.ora, start svrmgrl and do a create database statement. It's easier than install RH6.2 and use dbassist and install RH7 everytime i want to create a database :)

Dennis

In article <rCCX5.159$h6.155140_at_typhoon2.ba-dsg.net>,   "RoadRacer70" <roadracer70_at_nospam.hotmail.com> wrote:
> There is a known issue with running Oracle 8.1.6 under RedHat 7.0.
 You
> cannot create a DB under this version. There is an issue (can't
 remember
> the exact one) with the new packages that compile/link the
 application in
> RH7. I got around this by installing Redhat 6.2, then installed
 Oracle and
> created the DB the way I wanted, and then upgraded RH to version 7.0.
> Everything else with the DB works fine under 7.0 so far. ;-)
>
> -Brian
>
> "Jacek Chmielewski" <nic_at_pierwsza.pl> wrote in message
> > Hi
> >
> > I have a problem with db creation.
> >
> > I installed Oracle 8i 8.1.6 under Linux RedHat 7.0 (PII 500, 256MB,
> > 512MB swap) - typical installation using 'Oracle Universal
 Installer'. I
> > followed step-by-step 'Oracle Installation Guide'.
> > Installation and automatic Net8 configuration passed - everything
 was OK.
> > Then I tried to create new db with 'dbassist' and at some
 point 'oracle'
> > process goes ZOMBIE and 'srvmgrl' uses almost 100% of CPU...
> > I tried all possible ways to create database: dbassist with 'copy
 files
> > from CD' or 'create new files' and 'create database now' or 'create
 script'.
> > I think it creates all database files but fails initializing
 database.
> > When I create base with 'copy files from CD' everything stops at 80%
> > 'initializing database. I killed 'svrmgrl' few times (it gets back
 with
> > differen PID) and I obtain ORA-03113 and ORA-03114 errors - I
 ignored
> > them and after this dbassist says that 'database creation completed
 with
> > warnings'.
> >
> > Does anybody can help me?
> >
> > NIC

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Dec 07 2000 - 04:37:58 CST