Re: monitoring uncommited transactions?

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2000 09:12:13 -0000

As well as the other suggestions, you can get some information from v$lock - any real transaction will be holding a TX lock in mode 6, and you can check the CTIME column to see how long that lock has been held.

The 'pending transactions' views are for distributed transactions, which is why your local transaction didn't show up.

--
Jonathan Lewis

Practical Oracle 8i:  Building Efficient Databases

Publishers:  Addison-Wesley
Book bound date: 8th Dec 2000
See a first review at:
http://www.ixora.com.au/resources/index.htm#practical_8i