Re: Oracle instance won't shutdown

From: Chuan Zhang <chuan_at_asiaonline.net>
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2000 15:07:07 +1100

Hi,

I have this problem two days ago.
I could not wait one hour to shutdown the instance. I have to take abort. But when I startup, it is normally except DBW0 takes half of CPU to do something. It last almost two hours.

I notice that there are lots of framentation in the temporary tablespace. I coalesced it. After that, shutdown and startup again. The same story happened again. I ensure there were no other transaction going on at that time. I totally lost.

ANy idea what cause this happen. It's on Solaris 2.7, Oracle 8.0.6,

Thanks