utl_file_dir limit and how to see whole of it?

From: <samikn27_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 02:00:39 GMT

Dear All,
  v$parameter.value column is varchar2(512), but we go on adding
  utl_file_dir= /interface/adf
  utl_file_dir= /interface/print
  ....and so on
  I just extracted this portion of init.ora and did wc
  ( word count ) - It is showing 1778
characters!!!

  I am anxious: what is the limit of this utl_file_dir??
  And how can I see the all values of
utl_file_dir???
  From v$parameter it is showing 1 row selected - definitely
  whole of it is not stored in v$parameter.value column!!

Would you clarify my confusion it would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Samik.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Nov 28 2000 - 20:00:39 CST