Backup Performance

From: <sanjayraj6844_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 02:46:52 GMT

Hi Oracle Gurus
I need to answer this ASAP and will appreciate if any of U could help. This is my problem :

One of the outside vendors maintains one of our Oracle databases running on a HP N class server with 4 CPUs. They were backing up this database (25 GB) and one fileserver (15 GB) to tape in 6 hours (Though I personally don't agree to the time they say they are taking because I backup approximately 30 GB to a DLT 7000 tape within 1 hour). Anyway - after we asked this particular vendor to delete some redundant data from the database ( about 4 GB) the backup now is taking close to 12 hours which is not acceptable. What can be the reasons for this abnormal increase in the backup time. The vendor is not very forthcoming with the changes that they have made (if any) to cause this increase in time. I am thinking maybe they have added few datafiles...

What do U think may be the reason. OR what questions should I ask them

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Nov 28 2000 - 20:46:52 CST