Re: Email from stored proc in Oracle 8.1.5

From: Prakash <venkatprakash_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 01:59:46 GMT

The only way I know is, calling a stored Java procedure. Thats how I did in the past. We can invoke the Java stored procedure from PL SQL Procedure and in turn that java (using java Mail) will send the mail.

Hope this helps. Thanks

V Prakash
venkatprakash_at_Hotmail.com

In article <8vufq3$jf0$1_at_news2.isis.unc.edu>,   "Patrick Casey" <patrick_casey_at_unc.edu> wrote:
> I have seen all the info about email from UTL_SMTP but that is only
 for
> 8.1.6 release 2 and above.
>
> Does anyone have any samples of sending email from PL/SQL in 8.1.5????
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> --
>
> Patrick Casey
> Applications Analyst Programmer II
> UNC - Chapel Hill
> patrick_casey_at_unc.edu

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Nov 27 2000 - 19:59:46 CST