Technology Help

From: Killnton <killnton_at_jsigma.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 00:24:26 +0100

                            I have developed a client/server application
using Visual
                            Basic 6 and Oracle 8i as Database Server.
                            Now I have to distribuite my application in a
wide
                            geographical area. I'm in trouble with two
solutions:
  1. To convert my programs in Java code using a conversion tool and JDeveloper for a fine tuning. Remote users will work on my DB through the Internet (my company has just leased a 2MB line)
  2. To install local applications to remote users (using Personal Oracle), and to use replication features for the updating. Replication will happen throught the Internet (is it possible?).
                            Every help, suggestion, would be greatly
appreciated Received on Mon Nov 27 2000 - 17:24:26 CST