Re: sqlldr

From: STiger2000 <stiger2000_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 00:09:44 GMT

You'll need to specify a connection string that includes the SERVICE name on the database server. Something like:

          username/password_at_remotedb
You can test the connection, since you've got Net8 installed by issuing the following command from a DOS prompt:

          tnsping remotedb
Again, use the service name.
jc

In article <8vur69$i0c$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   shadreeves_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> I think I missed something that is obvious to someone who is not an
> Oracle Novice like myself. I installed Oracle client and the Oracle
> 8.0 Utilities (to get sqlldr80.exe). I try to execute the command:
>
> sqlldr80.exe userid=user/pwd control=controlfile.sql log=foo.log
> <note: The username and password that I give are correct, just not the
> above.>
>
> The control file has the command:
>
> LOAD DATA INFILE 'NQAcct.txt'
> BADFILE 'NQAcct.bad'
> APPEND INTO TABLE NQSACCT
> fields terminated by ';' optionally enclosed by '"'
> ( UserName, RepositoryName, SubjectAreaName, NodeId, StartTime
> date (19) "YYYY-MM-DD HH24:MI:SS", EndTime date (19) "YYYY-MM-DD
> HH24:MI:SS", QueryText char (1024), SuccessFlag integer external,
> RowCnt integer external, TotalTimeInSecs integer external,
> CompileTimeInSecs integer external, NumDBQueries integer external,
> CumDBTimeInSecs integer external, CumDBRows integer external)
>
> I get the error:
> ORA-12203: TNS:unable to connect to destination
> SQL*Loader-704: Internal error: ulconnect: OCIServerAttach [-1]
>
> How do I specify which destination (I am guessing my TNS HOST STRING)
> should use?
>
> Thanks,
> SHAD
>
> In article <8vukeb$bvq$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,
> jdarrah_co_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> > Its possible. If you load the Oracle client on the machine, you can
> > use Net8 or SQLNet to do the load. It is probably going to be a
 good
> > deal more efficient to ftp the file to the database server and do
 the
> > load local do to network overhead.
> >
> > In article <8vui2e$9p4$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,
> > shadreeves_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> > > I would like to load a delimited file from a client machine not
 running
> > > Oracle (but maybe some Oracle client software). Is this possible?
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Shad
> > >
> > > Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> > > Before you buy.
> > >

> > Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> > Before you buy.
> >

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Nov 27 2000 - 18:09:44 CST