Re: sqlldr

From: <shadreeves_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2000 23:36:42 GMT

I think I missed something that is obvious to someone who is not an Oracle Novice like myself. I installed Oracle client and the Oracle 8.0 Utilities (to get sqlldr80.exe). I try to execute the command:

sqlldr80.exe userid=user/pwd control=controlfile.sql log=foo.log <note: The username and password that I give are correct, just not the above.>

The control file has the command:

LOAD DATA INFILE 'NQAcct.txt'
BADFILE 'NQAcct.bad'
APPEND INTO TABLE NQSACCT
fields terminated by ';' optionally enclosed by '"' ( UserName, RepositoryName, SubjectAreaName, NodeId, StartTime date (19) "YYYY-MM-DD HH24:MI:SS", EndTime date (19) "YYYY-MM-DD HH24:MI:SS", QueryText char (1024), SuccessFlag integer external, RowCnt integer external, TotalTimeInSecs integer external, CompileTimeInSecs integer external, NumDBQueries integer external, CumDBTimeInSecs integer external, CumDBRows integer external)

I get the error:
ORA-12203: TNS:unable to connect to destination SQL*Loader-704: Internal error: ulconnect: OCIServerAttach [-1]

How do I specify which destination (I am guessing my TNS HOST STRING) I should use?

Thanks,
SHAD In article <8vukeb$bvq$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   jdarrah_co_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> Its possible. If you load the Oracle client on the machine, you can
> use Net8 or SQLNet to do the load. It is probably going to be a good
> deal more efficient to ftp the file to the database server and do the
> load local do to network overhead.
>
> In article <8vui2e$9p4$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,
> shadreeves_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> > I would like to load a delimited file from a client machine not
 running
> > Oracle (but maybe some Oracle client software). Is this possible?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Shad
> >
> > Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> > Before you buy.
> >

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Nov 27 2000 - 17:36:42 CST