Re: Help: database security

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2000 16:08:38 +0100

I don't understand why you reject *all* my suggestions. Using an ops$ account would allow you to use 'connect / ' in the Pro*C program. As literals are usually stored legible in the executable and you state the user connecting is 'very privileged' (which is of course definitely a bad idea), using the ops$ mechanism (aka OS authentication) doesn't expose an username and a password anymore.

Regards,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA