Oracle 7 => Oracle 8

From: Phil <phg3113_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2000 13:59:36 GMT

Hi !

I was using Oracle 7 on a server. Then we needed to install version 8. I've tried to uninstall version 7 but not all files were deleted (c:\orant ...). And I didn't succeeded to uninstall the "installer". (...) I've installed oracle 8 in another directory, on another drive. Everyting was running well. Via Odbc, I can access my Oracle 8 DB. But with another application, I can only access my older Oracle 7 DB's, but I can't 'see' any DB registerd in the TNSNAMES.ORA in Oracle8. How can I tell an application to 'look' into the 'new' tnsnames.ora created with Oracle 8, than into the older oracle environnement

Thanks in advance

Phil Received on Wed Nov 22 2000 - 07:59:36 CST