Re: jre trouble

From: Hugh Patrick <hugh.patrick_at_virgin.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2000 15:50:37 +0000

Mark Faine wrote:

> Ok, I am trying to install oracle8ise for Linux and I keep getting this
> message:
>
> the java runtime environment cannot be found in $/bin/jre therefore the
> Oracle Universal intaller cannot run....blah blah blah
>
> The problem is the JRE is installed, and in my path. I can type jre at the
> prompt and it returns the list of help commands, so I know it is there and
> functional?
>
> -Any suggestions are welcome
>
> -Mark

What version of linux are you running. I tried installing Oracle 8I on RedHat 6.0 and then 6.1. 6.0 was sweet, 6.1 was a case of hacking about and ignoring the main installer shell script.
Also, silly as it may sound, if the PATH for jre is not exported then only the shell which reads the PATH definition will see jre.

Regards
Hugh Received on Sun Nov 19 2000 - 09:50:37 CST