Re: SQL Connection problem

From: <faheemrao_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2000 08:53:43 GMT

In article <3A17F71A.57B50F65_at_mahindrabt.com>,   arif_at_mahindrabt.com wrote:
> --------------0D4CCF5AA3EEFEB7A9D7ADE9

My understanding of your question is that you have your database engine is on Unix machine , and you are trying to connect that engine through a windows workstation, Thought you are able to connect that engine throught the same machine(unix server machine ), if that is your problem then you have to configure your listener.

You can configure your listner through xwindows, and then you have to start your listner throught the script "lstctrl". I am not excatly sure of the script name, but refelecct to listner Control script. Note that you have to configure your listner to TCP protocol.

Now you have to create a service at windows workstation, to connect to the unix machine. you can use net easy configuaration to make an entry in TNSNAMES file.

I giving you answer of your possible question that will arise in you mind that why you are able to connect throught the same unix machine. So answer of this question is that at that time you are able to connect through SPX protocol, not through TCP and SPX doed not need listner.

If you have any question , do nto hesitate to ask :))

Faheem Rao

> Hi All,
>
> I would appreciate if someone could advise me as to how to connect to
> oracle through windows sqlplus.
> I am able to login thru unix. The user has been created with ops$
> prefix.
> This problem is coming for all users trying to connect thru WINDOWS
> sqlplus or toad etc.
>
> Ur suggestion would be appreciated.
> Thanks
> Arif Khan
>
> --------------0D4CCF5AA3EEFEB7A9D7ADE9
>
> begin:vcard
> n:Khan;Arif
> tel;cell:0044 07740732804
> x-mozilla-html:FALSE
> org:British Telecom, Plc
> adr:;;;;;;United Kingdom
> version:2.1
> email;internet:arif_at_mahindrabt.com
> title:Certified Oracle -DBA
> fn:Arif A.L Khan
> end:vcard
>
> --------------0D4CCF5AA3EEFEB7A9D7ADE9--

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Nov 21 2000 - 02:53:43 CST