imports - which tablespaces will tables go into?

From: <dmnwork_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 14:22:29 GMT

We're migrating from Oracle 8.1.5 on NT to Oracle 8.1.6.

Rather than upgrade (we'd like this to be clean, and apparently Oracle takes it upon itself to leave a lot of junk/directories from the version being upgraded from), we'd like to do an export, uninstall 8.1.5, install a fresh copy of 8.1.6, then rebuild our database.

But that looks like it could be a nightmare, necessitating a bunch of scripts to reconstruct things. Primarily, I think, because - so far as I know - the import utility won't know what tablespaces to put tables into.

What's the default tablespace for creating tables, and can import be instructed where the correct tablespaces are?

I'd like to make this as painless as possible, and having a script for generating each object doesn't make a lot of sense to me. I'd like to use the export file as much as possible.

Any insights appreciated.

Thanks very much.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Nov 14 2000 - 08:22:29 CST