INTERNAL password problem on NT

From: <kal121_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 18:50:42 GMT

(note to sybrand - your commments/suggestions/snide remarks/bad
attitude are unwanted here - thank you)

I created a password file but when I try to log onto svrmgrl as "internal" it does not recognize the password, which is "oracle".

D:\Oracle\Ora815\BIN>orapwd file=orapwi815 password=oracle entries=5

D:\Oracle\Ora815\BIN>svrmgrl

Oracle Server Manager Release 3.1.5.0.0 - Production

(c) Copyright 1997, Oracle Corporation. All Rights Reserved.

Oracle8i Enterprise Edition Release 8.1.5.0.0 - Production With the Partitioning and Java options
PL/SQL Release 8.1.5.0.0 - Production

SVRMGR> connect internal

Password:                    (typed in oracle)
ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied

I seem to recall having this problem on NT in the past, but it has been a while. I also remember that there is a file somewhere that shows this password in regular text, but I don't remember where it is.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Nov 14 2000 - 12:50:42 CST