Selecting long column

From: <wax_man_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2000 22:18:31 GMT

I know that in SQL*Plus I can do a set long 4000 and then run a select that returns a long and I'll get the first 4000 characters. Is there a way to do this generically through the db engine? I have several other programs that I use and they all have problems returning a long (like selecting text from dba_views).

Also, is this an Oracle DB problem, or an application issue.

Thanks for any light on the subject,

wax_man

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Nov 10 2000 - 16:18:31 CST