Re: Measuring Rollback Usage

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr_at_www.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2000 12:54:38 +1100

First, queries don't generate rollback. Only DML does that.

Second, v$rollstat joined with v$transaction will give you what you are after -in cunningly named fields like UBABLK and UBAREC. At least, you can use that to work out how much rollback a given transaction is generating. Whether that stuff is then being read by anyone else is much more difficult to work out (ie, I don't know a way of doing it... and I suspect there isn't a way, because if there were, we'd never have Snapshot Too Old errors).

Regards
HJR

Opinions expressed are my own, and not those of Oracle Corporation
Oracle DBA Resources:               http://www.geocities.com/howardjr2000